Commitment to Community
Oklahoma's electric cooperatives are proud to be an integral part of the communities we serve. We support a variety of projects and organizations locally and across the state. We are proud to announce a new five year partnership with the Oklahoma State Fair and the Oklahoma Youth Expo that benefits students in nearly every school district across the state.
Co-ops Sponsor Youth Events at State Fair
Touchstone Energy Cooperatives from across Oklahoma have joined in sponsoring the 2011 Oklahoma State Fair Junior Livestock Show September 15 thru 25 at State Fair Park in Oklahoma City. The 2008 fair serves as the seventh year in the partnership between Touchstone Energy Cooperatives and the Oklahoma Youth Expo.
Approximately 1,500 FFA and 4-H students representing all 77 Oklahoma counties will be exhibiting about 4,000 animals and competing for awards at this year's show.
Dale Nye, manager of Rural Electric Cooperative, said "Our affiliation with other Oklahoma Touchstone Energy electric co-ops allows us to have the resources and capabilities to sponsor events that benefit our members' families. It's an opportunity for us to illustrate our true commitment to community by supporting these types of events."
Jeremy Rich, executive director of the Oklahoma Youth Expo, says that his organization, along with the State Fair, is dedicated to expanding opportunities to the state's agricultural youth. Support from Touchstone Energy electric cooperatives will allow this year's State Fair Junior Livestock Show exhibitors the chance to vie for greater awards and premiums than were previously offered in past years.
“We are very excited about the opportunity to join forces with the Oklahoma State Fair in presenting this year’s junior livestock events,” Whitefield said. “We could not think of better partners to broaden and strengthen the reach of the programs than the Touchstone Energy electric cooperatives of Oklahoma. They have done so much for rural Oklahoma. We are proud to have them on board as our official title sponsor.”
Cooperatives Participating in the State Fair Partnership
- Alfalfa Electric Cooperative, Inc.
- Caddo Electric Cooperative, Inc.
- Cimarron Electric Cooperative, Inc.
- Cotton Electric Cooperative, Inc.
- East Central Oklahoma Electric Cooperative, Inc.
- Harmon Electric Cooperative, Inc.
- Indian Electric Cooperative, Inc.
- Kay Electric Cooperative, Inc.
- Kiamichi Electric Cooperative, Inc.
- Kiwash Electric Cooperative, Inc.
- Lake Region Electric Cooperative, Inc.
- Northeast Electric Cooperative, Inc.
- Northfork Electric Cooperative, Inc.
- Oklahoma Association of Electric Cooperatives, Inc.
- Oklahoma Electric Cooperative
- Rural Electric Cooperative, Inc.
- Southwest Rural Electric Association, Inc.
- Tri-County Electric Cooperative, Inc.
- Western Farmers Electric Cooperative
About Touchstone Energy
Touchstone Energy is a national alliance of local, member-owned electric cooperatives providing high standards of service to customers large and small. More than 700 Touchstone Energy cooperatives in 42 states are delivering energy and energy solutions to more than 40 million members every day. Touchstone Energy electric cooperatives serve their members with integrity, accountability, innovation and a longstanding commitment to their communities.